Udarata Development Authority
Summarised progress up to October 31, 2010
|Sector||Target projects||No of projects completed||No of beneficiaries||Allocation Rs. Mn.||Financial progress Rs. Mn.|
Development Programme for the Meemure Model Village
In order to remove poverty stricken villages from the map of Sri Lanka and replace them with compassionate and aesthetic villages the Jathika Saviya Gama Neguma programme was initiated. With Meemure, a poverty stricken rural village in the Ududumbara Divisional Secretariat Division in the Kandy District at the centre, the development of five Grama Niladhari sectors; Meemure, Kaikawela, Pussella, Karambaketiya and Kambukgolla was initiated by this Authority in 2009 to elevate the quality of life of the people in these villages.
It must be specially noted that by bringing together all the State institutions in the Kandy District, the necessary funds were raised by the Nation Building and Plantation Infrastructure Development Ministry and the Sri Lanka Samurdhi Authority and thus was of great assistance to providing the necessary facilities to these areas. 650 families and more than 1500 individuals benefited through this programme.
- Priority for livelihood projects
- Special projects for low income groups and poor population in order to improve their quality of life
- Community participation when planning projects
- Emphasis on poverty reduction through creating employment opportunities and increasing income generation in the area
- Ensuring benefits to target groups by rural/regional projects
- Encouraging self-financing projects
Estimated Amount 2011 – 2013 (Rs. Mn.)
For more Information visit :www.uda.gov.lk